Announcements and Important Events
2022 MARIAN HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS FALL TRYOUT & PRACTICE INFORMATION
Marian High School students wishing to participate in a FALL SPORT must complete the following requirements before August 1, 2022:
- LOGIN TO FINAL FORMS and Register on FinalForms (https://marian-mi.finalforms.com/). A link is also available on the Marian Athletic website.
- Freshman and transfer students will be able to participate until they gain access to their Marian email accounts to complete their portion of registration. Personal student emails may only be used until an official school mail is issued.
- GET YOUR SPORTS PHYSICAL AND UPLOAD BY AUGUST 1!
- Download a MHSAA Physical Form, or pick up a blank form at the main office.
- PRO TIP: If you complete FinalForms registration, you can print a pre-populated form to take to your physician, eliminating duplicate entries!
- UPLOAD YOUR PHYSICAL to your FinalForms account.
- New in 2022-23, ALL Marian students must have a valid MHSAA Physical on file in Final Forms.
- You will not be eligible to try out or practice unless your coach can confirm your physical was uploaded. If you have any questions, please contact the athletic office.
- PAY THE ATHLETIC FEE: Each student will be assessed a $175.00 fee per sport participated in to help cover the costs associated with operating the athletic program at Marian High School.
- Fee is payable only through Final Forms.
- A convenience fee is added to cover payment vendor expenses.
- PAYMENT IS NOT DUE UNTIL PRIOR TO THE FIRST CONTEST. We encourage you to register your daughter for as many sports as she would like! Once she decides and makes the team, payment will be due before the first contest.
- Payment is NOT due for winter or spring sports until the first contest date in those seasons.
- If your daughter would like to participate in more than one sport per season, special clearance must be granted by the athletic director.
ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE:
- Students entering grades 10, 11 and 12 must have:
- Passed at least six (6) classes in the previous semester AND
- Must have attained at least a 2.0 GPA in the previous semester.
- Transfer student eligibility must be determined through the Marian athletic director.
Questions? Mike Watson, CMAA, Marian High School Athletics Director – 248.644.1954, firstname.lastname@example.org.
FALL SPORTS TRYOUTS AND PRACTICE INFORMATION
- Head Coach: Chris Vanneste (email@example.com), 586.242.2520.
- Practice begins Aug. 8, 6-8pm Meet at Marian HS Ferris Foyer
- Athletes must bring running clothes, running shoes, water and a jump rope.
- Head Coach: Karen Wick (firstname.lastname@example.org), 248.797.0141.
- Tryouts (all levels) August 8-11
- Aug. 8-10: 6-8:30pm at Brother Rice Ambrose Field
- Aug. 11: 4-6pm at Feldman Fields
- Aug. 12: First team practices 3-5pm
- Athletes must bring stick, colored mouthguard, shin guards, goggles (optional), water bottle, snack (if necessary)
- Head Coach: Leon Braisted (email@example.com), 248.797.4567.
- Tryouts Aug. 8 & 10, 7am at Evergreen Hills GC.
- Tryout Aug. 9, 8am at Somerset GC. ($10/player)
- Parent meeting Aug. 11, 6pm at Marian High School.
- Cost: Golfers must pay for each 9-hole tryout round (Must have a GAM membership to receive discounted rate)
- Athletes must bring clubs, appropriate golf attire, rain gear (if necessary), pull cart (or rent at course)
FALL SAILING (WITH BROTHER RICE)
- Marian Parent Coordinator: Cindy Ciura (firstname.lastname@example.org), 248-515-7171.
- Signup meeting will be announced after the beginning of the school year.
- Cost in 2021-22 was $800 (includes coaching/practice fees, use of boats)
- Athletes will need dry suits (can be rented), boots, gloves, PFD.
SWIMMING & DIVING
- Head Swimming Coach: Dave Eichenhorn (email@example.com), 248.770.2899.
- Head Diving Coach: Scott McHugh (firstname.lastname@example.org), 248.890.9422.
- ***Swim Practice begins August 8 through August 26, 9:00-11:30am (be 15 min. early each day) at Birmingham Athletic Club Please do NOT enter through the clubhouse.
- Required equipment: fins and paddles
- Optional equipment: snorkel
- Dryland Gear: shorts, T-shirt, athletic shoes.
- Head Coach: Mayssa Cook (email@example.com), 248.890.1935.
- Tryouts will take place August 8-11 at the Marian Gym.
- Varsity tryouts (returning varsity players, juniors and seniors) will be 3-5pm each day
- Freshman and JV tryouts will be held 5:30-7:30pm each day
- Athletes must bring court shoes, knee pads, athletic wear and a water bottle.
- Parent Meeting will be held Thursday, August 11. Time TBA.
- Head Coach: Alexa Slater (firstname.lastname@example.org), 734.748.2902.
- Late Tryouts will take place August 17 & 19, 5-7:30pm at the Marian Auditorium.
- Athletes must bring court shoes, athletic wear and a water bottle.
For Schedules, ticket information and more, please visit www.marianathletics.com.