2021 Fall Sports Information
Marian High School students wishing to participate in a FALL SPORT must complete the following requirements before August 9, 2021:
- CREATE AN ACCOUNT and Register on FinalForms (https://marian-mi.finalforms.com/). A link is also available on the Marian Athletic website.
- Freshman and transfer students will be able to participate until they gain access to their Marian email accounts to complete their portion of registration. Personal student emails may not be used.
- GET YOUR SPORTS PHYSICAL!
- Download a form from MHSAA, or pick up a blank form at the main office.
- The physical must be sign by a physician on, or after April 15, 2021.
- PRO TIP: If you complete FinalForms registration, you can print a pre-populated form to take to your physician, eliminating duplicated entries!
- UPLOAD YOUR PHYSICAL to your FinalForms account. You will not be eligible to tryout or practice unless your coach can confirm your physical was uploaded. If you have any questions, please contact the athletic office.
- PAY THE ATHLETIC FEE: Each student will be assessed a $175.00 fee per sport participated in to help cover the costs associated with operating the athletic program at Marian High School.
- Fee is payable only through FinalForms.
- A convenience fee is added to cover payment vendor expenses.
- PAYMENT IS NOT DUE UNTIL THE FIRST CONTEST. We encourage you to register your daughter for as many sports as she would like! Once she decides and makes the team, payment will be due before the first contest.
- Payment is NOT due for winter or spring sports until the first contest date in those seasons.
- If your daughter would like to participate in more than one sport per season, special clearance must be granted by the athletic director.
ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE:
- Students entering grades 10, 11 and 12 must have:
- Passed at least six (6) classes in the previous semester AND
- Must have attained at least a 2.0 GPA in the previous semester.
- Transfer student eligibility must be determined through the Marian athletic director.
COVID-19 – CDC and MHSAA guidelines will be strictly followed by all coaches and teams.
Questions? Mike Watson, CMAA, Marian High School Athletics Director – 248.644.1954, firstname.lastname@example.org.
FALL SPORTS TRYOUTS AND PRACTICE INFORMATION
- Head Coach: Chris Vanneste (email@example.com), 586.242.2520.
- Practice begins August 9 THROUGH August 13, 6-8pm at Marian HS Ferris Foyer
- Athletes must bring running clothes, running shoes, water and a jump rope.
- Parent Coordinator: Marguerite Valascho (firstname.lastname@example.org), 248.910.4514.
- Practice is year-round with events primarily in spring and summer.
- All equestrian disciplines are welcome.
- Head Coach: Karen Wick (email@example.com), 248.797.0141.
- Tryouts (all levels) August 9-11, 10am-1pm at Brother Rice Ambrose Field. Aug. 12 at Feldman Fields, 1-3pm, no practice Aug. 13.
- Athletes must bring stick, colored mouthguard, shin guards, goggles (optional), water bottle, snack (if necessary)
- Head Coach: Leon Braisted (firstname.lastname@example.org), 248.797.4567.
- Tryouts Aug. 9-11, 7am at Evergreen Hills Golf Course (26000 Evergreen Rd, Southfield, MI 48076).
- Parent meeting Aug. 11, 6pm outdoors at Marian High School.
- Cost: Golfers must pay for each 9-hole tryout round (Must have a GAM membership to receive discounted rate of $3/day. Otherwise, cost per day is $12)
- Athletes must bring clubs, appropriate golf attire, rain gear (if necessary), pull cart (or rent at course)
FALL SAILING (WITH BROTHER RICE)
- Parent Coordinator: Kelly Bannasch (email@example.com), 616.836.1668.
- Signup August 3, 6pm at the Community Sailing Center (3206 Orchard Lake Rd., West Bloomfield 48324)
- Cost is $800 (includes coaching/practice fees, use of boats)
- Athletes will need dry suits (can be rented), boots, gloves, PFD.
SWIMMING & DIVING
- Head Swimming Coach: Bill Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org), 248.909.1258.
- Head Diving Coach: Scott McHugh (email@example.com), 248.890.9422.
- Practice begins August 9 through August 14, 7-8:30am (be 15 min. early each day) at Birmingham Athletic Club (4033 W Maple Rd, Bloomfield Hills) Access to the pool is by means of the sidewalk on the southeast end of the parking lot, never through the clubhouse.
- Equipment: Finis brand (or similar) snorkel, water bottle, cap, practice suit, goggles, kick board, pull buoy, mesh equipment bag. It is recommended that all items are marked with athlete name.
- Dryland Gear (for every practice): gym shorts, T-shirt, athletic shoes, socks, towel.
- Head Coach: Mayssa Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org), 248.890.1935.
- Tryouts will take place August 9 & 10 at the Marian Gym. Varsity tryouts will be 10am-Noon while freshman and JV tryouts will be held 2-4pm
- Athletes must bring court shoes, knee pads, athletic wear and a water bottle.
For Schedules, ticket information and more, please visit www.marianathletics.com.